The principles taught are absorbed with enthusiasm by students. When parents ask "how was school today?" it is not uncommon for the children to excitedly describe their Lego engineering project of that day.
- You learn the parts and the tools and how to use them
- You learn the principles of strong and sturdy
- You learn simple machines
- You learn gears and pulleys
- You learn how to build robots
Intent of book:
· Make engeering in primary grades accessable to all students through easy to implement, project based lessons using Lego building pieces
· Empower teachers with classroom tested, easy to implement engineering lessons
Good science teaching involves experiential, hands on learning
Why engineering for K-2?
Working on teams and developing prototypes, students learn to